Pokémon X andY on Nintendo 3DS | Teen Ink

Pokémon X andY on Nintendo 3DS

February 19, 2014
By GusSorola SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
GusSorola SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Gus Sorola


Pokémon X and Y is the latest game in the ever ongoing Pokémon series. This game marked some first in the series such as the first Pokémon game on a hand held platform that allows for 3-D movement, all earlier hand held Pokémon games being from a top down prospective with four directions of movement. Other first for the series that comes with Pokémon X and Y are limited character customization option. At the start of the game the player choose a skin tone, the only permeate choice other than gender, but after that you can take your character in any direction you want. The player can go to boutiques to buy new cloths and get their hair cut and colored in a variety of fashions. The only problem I hade with the character customization is that the male characters hairstyles are far more limited than the females choices. The final thing that they added most players will never know or care about. This is the addition of super training and an NPC, non-player character, that will tell the player if they have perfect ivs. This function is only useful you plan on playing the game competitively, but with this addition it made the competitive scene a more accessible way of play which I for one am happy about.