The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64/3DS on Nintendo64 on Nintendo 64 3ds | Teen Ink

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64/3DS on Nintendo64 on Nintendo 64 3ds

September 15, 2014
By UltimateZeldafan SILVER, Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania
UltimateZeldafan SILVER, Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania
9 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"light is only a brighter dark, while dark is the only thing that will remain."- Jay Johnston
"Its not about the mask you wear to fit in, but about the face underneath"- Majora`s Mask 3DS
"Here`s for all who died, and to the next man to die to!"- N/A


"HELLO, my profile name obviously tells what my favorite series is, but i`m here to tell you about my first "Zelda" game. I will put it in 2 sections. "Section 1" will be the pros, the "Section 2" will be the cons. Enjoy :D."

                       Ocarina of Time: N64

Personally, the original version was the better version because it had the graphics that weren`t from this timeline. If your like me, and play for fun and the scenery, you would enjoy it even more. Another thing is you could actually get the fire medallion before the forest medallion. The real pros to the game though, is the fact that it is truly immersive. You might feel confused at first, but after a while, it is truly amazing. Next is the music. If you listen closely, you will be guarenteed to find that catchy tune that will be stuck in your head. The visuals are truly stunning. The sight of a Deku Scrub will leave you laughing, while the sight of a Stalfos will leave you awed at the visual display coming to kill you. And don`t forget the nightmare inducing wall-master in all of its decaying, dissembodied handness. All in all, this game is truly a game of legends.

The problems that this classic has is that it couldn`t keep up with the clock, when you hit the gossip stone, it says something like *Boing Boing, its 6:00* even though the sky looks like its about 8:30. The second probem is the enemies and the pots. Whenever you exit then reenter the room, the pots are empty and the enemies(except the Wallmaster...) are gone. I mean, seriously, who wants an empty room? Then when ever you break a pot for magic, health, etc. its 90% money/ nothing/etc. and 10%  what you actually need. That, gets truly frustrating. Next is the puzzles. First thing you know, your following arrows, next thing, your dead to a giant skeleton with a sword and shield. It gets frustrating having to re-do everything when you die.

Even though the game has its pros and cons, one thing is for sure. People of all ages will love this game.