Teacher | Teen Ink

Teacher

By Tman BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Tman BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

I am not the best student. As my high school career is winding down I want to say thank you to a teacher I connect with. I just go through the motions and try to get my work done and get a decent grade. But I look forward to Mrs. Passler’s class everyday. Mrs. Passler is a English teacher at Arrowhead High School. She is around 5 foot, 6 inches with dark hair. She looks like a sweet lady you would see picking apples on a cool summer day. She brings positivity to everyone, and does anything she can do to help each one of her students.

In our Human Relations class, we do a exercise called “Mindfulness Mondays.” This is a day where we meditate and slow down for the class period. She wants this activity to help of us with our problems in life and our stress. She lets us chill out for the class and regain our bearings. I love this activity because it helps me get through the week. I am not a big talker and I don’t talk to any of my teachers, even Mrs. Passler. But I just like the way she teaches. She is the most chill teacher I’ve had. One week in her class we had a 7 day project we had to do. This project was due in 3 days and I had totally forgotten about it. I told her I forgot and asked if I could turn it in later. She understood my situation and allowed me to do this without hesitation.  She just guides us and we do the rest. Mrs. Passler is one of the teachers I can tell has a passion for her job. She loves working with us and helping us become better people.

As high school is almost over, I wanted to thank Mrs. Passler. For helping get us through the week and caring for all of her students. She is one of the best teachers I have had throughout my years of school. Thank you, Mrs. Passler.