Pet Peeve | Teen Ink

Pet Peeve

By CarterTomich GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
CarterTomich GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

I wouldn’t say I have a lot of pet peeves, I’m not the type to have a list of all the stuff that grinds my gears. But I have to admit when I am driving people couldn’t be more annoying. Between simply going too slow, especially when I’m in a rush, to not being aggressive enough to get places. I love driving but other people on the road can be not only be dangerous but extremely annoying. I’ve had a lot of experience on the road: people raging, car accidents, getting pulled over, being in extreme traffic, etc. 

I couldn’t describe how much I hate when people are driving slow enough that I could run to where I am trying to go faster. On the other hand when someone is riding my bumper and I’m already speeding I get so annoyed that they feel the need to ride my bumper instead of driving a little slower. When people drive in the fast lane it’s because they are going fast and when someone is going 10 under in the fast lane she should move over. Personally I believe it is disrespectful to not move out of the way when someone is trying to pass you on the highway, they are in a rush and you never know what they need to get to. 

To conclude why my pet peeve is bad drivers, is because it isn’t just unsafe but also very annoying which could domino affect how my day goes.