Writers Block | Teen Ink

Writers Block

By loveisblind GOLD, Tenino, Washington
loveisblind GOLD, Tenino, Washington

This world, it ends as you believe it to end; yet it'll live on to the actuall end, where then you admit yourself wrong.

~Me~

They say that every person has a story, and every story doesn’t begin when you pick it up. No, no that doesn’t sound right. Let me try again.
What is a story without a character, and a character without it’s beginning? Eh, still doesn’t sound quiet right. I give up. The cursor is just torture and that blank page is stretching for miles. This is torture.
This, is writers block; the supposedly “wonderful” jail cell. No, just kidding; only a crazy person would refer to it as wonderful. It really is torture. It’s like being in a jail, a confinement center, and you can’t leave until you get an idea.
And well, sometimes, you might wonder if you’ll ever get to leave. Been there, done that, y’know? One time I was in confinement for what seemed like an endless eternity (duh, it’s an ETERNITY) - five months. Five months, no strong inspiration. Let me tell you, I was not a happy camper. My personal deadlines, all five months overdue! My friends, all five steps ahead of me! My target, my goal, seemed to be drifting further away with each passing minute. I was a boat, following the current as I drifted away.
As I said, torture. And just as I thought it couldn’t get worse, it did. NaNoWriMo was approaching, and fast. Time didn’t stop, and I had no ideas. I was helpless, I was going to lose.

Don’t worry though, even though I hadn’t finished the novel, I got further in those two weeks I did participate then in the year that I’ve been writing one of my stories.