Home Alone | TeenInk

Home Alone MAG

By Ashlyn Zacarelli, Clinton, CT

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

Imperfectlife SILVER, Rochester, New York
I was really creeped out by this article, I'm not homw alone... but the thought of unkown someone about to enter my house, the thought of it is terrifying.

Oh my god! That's scary, if it was me, I would start crying and scream or possibly call my parents.

I would have make sure to think up an escape plan in case or scream at them (probs not). The truth, I would have ran and call the police, (I don't think so 'cause I'm a chicken.

I meant what if it didn't turned out like this ending.

Dude, this was really dangerous! What if it turned out like this ending? Banish that thought away. Anyway, I'm glad you're safe. This writing is good, it built up suspense and I couldn't stop reading it.

ThePeaceDaisy BRONZE, Albany, New York

“Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color.” - Unknown
I will change this every week!

Wow, that freaked ME out, and it didn't happen to me! I think I understand why you didn't call the cops. Maybe you were afraid if the person found out, they would try to get revenge? Anyway, Great writing!

LMAO...outside yo window, watchin youz.

keziahseverything BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

good things come to those who wait

why didnt you call the cops that could have been seriously dangerous

zebras13 BRONZE, Wyndmere, North Dakota

Live every day like its your last.

I love this!!

trelly-trell said...

this story was alright ,it was kinda creepy but i like it!!!!!!!!!

gottagetout17 SILVER, Carlisle, Pennsylvania

"No matter what anybody tells you words and ideas can change the world" ~Dead Poets Society

wow seriously creepy!

C Swaqq said...
Woa , This was the best ! I was creeped. It makes me re-think about staying home alone to ! :]

I really liked this! That is a very scary situation. You should be more cautious and not be so against calling for help! Keep up the writing:)

Victoria.S BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

"Someday you will look back and know exactly why it had to happen."

OMG! that would creep me out! Good Writing though! Keep it up!! :)

NeonLovesYou BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Whatever Doesn't Kill You Will Haunt You For The Rest Of Your Life" Clint Eastwood Heartbreak Ridge

OMG! I'm glad you're alright! But your friend is right, you should always call the police or else something worse would've happened.

amchaucer said...
This piece of literature is very suspensful and on your edge piece! Absolutely Amazing! Keep up the GREAT work!!

kre101 SILVER said...
kre101 SILVER, Holt, Michigan

To the world you're just one person.. But to one person you may be the world

This is really good. Also quite scary!! 

STALKA said...
It was me. i was watching your every move.

firelord SILVER, Queensbury, New York

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

Too many creeps out there. If they knew that you were watching, maybe they were playing mind games or something, to really bring out the fear. Stay safe :)

Inkslinger BRONZE, Chattanooga, Oklahoma

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."--Marianne Williamson

Did you ever figure out who did that? Whoever it was seems a bit.... creepy. As for myself, I have a tendency to lock every door and window when I am home alone, and, Lord knows, I'll be sure to do that now!