Home Alone | Teen Ink

Home Alone MAG

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

Oh god that happened!!! Most likely I wouldn't of picked up the phone.  but if I did I would've called my parents then 911 after the car showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :()

Bka341997 GOLD said...
Bka341997 GOLD, Bigfork, Montana

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take our breath away!

WOW  creepy...really happend? I cant even amagin what i would do...u dont have caller id?

Gracie55 said...
WOW!!!!!!!.....AND THAT WAS REALL!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!

Stanley are on this during school????

ninjadragon56 SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Private favorite personal quote, do not read, all violaters will be prosicuted.

thts freaky! Wow, i wonder who that was. it sounds like the beginning to a novel or something, not like something that would actualy happen. your description is really good and i could really feel what was going on. i like it!   

alalalalalal wiow creepy story thats happend to me once befor too!

gradfgd said...
that sounds pretty creepy. Its weird being home alone when the house starts creaking but, no one hasever pulled into the driveway when I was home alone. It was probably one of your friends unless you tell everyone that your going to be home alone. One day a friend pulled into my driveway but i knew that he was comming.

stanleysmart said...
home alone is really weird and good because you get to stay home alone and also has good characters in the story is fun to read this and creepy to be home alone

paigeforeman GOLD, Washington, District Of Columbia

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible!"-Walt Disney
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi
"The truth is out there."-The X-Files

Chills. -shudder- I get why you won't stay home alone, I wouldn't either after experiencing that. Still, like you, I'm curious as to who that person was...
Good job in writing this!

poundz SILVER said...
poundz SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

wow, that mustve been a terrible experience! i would have called the cops! haha but i can get acared really easily. you were really brave

That was great you should write more stories that was very scarey

RadiahMariaBelak BRONZE, Singapore, Other
haha pretty mysterious. u have good writing, write more! :))

Tbug1997 PLATINUM, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

When in doubt... Blame it on your siblings
when life gives you skittles throw them at random people and yell FEEL THE RAINBOW

if this was me i wouldnt answer the phone because people can track your signal and if i saw a car in the driveway that i didnt regnioze i would throw something out the window at the car but thats just me

rockstardream GOLD, I&#39m Not Saying, Georgia

"If you dream it you can do it." ~Walt Disney

This really happened? Wow- I'd be freaked! You know, the mysterious phone calls could have been someone calling, checking of someone was there. Next time your home alone (if you have Caller ID), don't answer the phone unless its a number you recognize!

smith said...
when i read ur stroy i felt like i was there, the feeling in my stomach it was scary good thing that wasn't me ur reaction was ok but if that was me i would have been crying and screaming....

WerewolfWriting BRONZE, Eerie, Nevada

"Life is not about the breaths we take but about the people who take our breath away."

Oh my gosh, terrifying! I can't believe this is true! Good thing you were in your parent's room! Did you have a lock on your parent's room door? :O I bet they wanted you to leave your parents room or something!! That is so scary! The moment I saw the car I would've called the cops, though. I'm a big dork so i would of been screaming at the cops to come ASAP. That happened to my best friend and she doesnt stay home anymore either. She said that her parents locked the doors and everything and she was down in her basement but she said she was close to the basement door, waiting for her parents to come back. You see, she locked the dead bolt too when they left, and their dead bolt cant be opened outside, only on the inside. So she was on the computer downstairs and she heard the door knock so she opened the basement door and looked out at an angle and say it was an unknown guy and hid and watched as he rattled the door and to her terror he had a key made so he was all angry when the dead bolt didnt let him in. So, she ran downstairs as fast as she could, locked the basement door, and called her parents. they came home and say that the door knob was broken but no one was there. God bless her! Im happy you weren't hurt either! :)

i like it alot

ollt said...
scarry and you described it verry well

da "D" Man said...
Good story length and I liked your word choice.

That is very scary, but why were not scared when the caller said "bye bye"? You did an excillent job at writting this piece!!!!