Taken Away | Teen Ink

Taken Away

My life has been very interesting even though im only seventeen years old. Everything that I have been through has taught me something. Ive been through allot, so ill tell you a little about one experience that changed my life.
When I was very young, around four years old, I got taken away from my parents. It wasn’t only me, I also had a sister who was only a couple of months old at the time.

My parents where on drugs and didn't know how to control their addictions. So I was, unfortunately introduced to drugs and alcohol at a very young age. Someone decided that my sister and I should have a better life, so the state came and took my sister and me away from our parents. At the time I had no idea what was going on, I was as scared as i could be until my mother told me to go it would be ok.

The people who came and took my sister and me away tried to call other family members to see if they would take us. But when they called called our relatives nobody picked up their phones. Finally, they called my aunt, and she answered. She drove to get us at 3 a.m. so that she could take care of me and my sister. Now we had a new home, and a place to stay.

My sister and I have now lived with my aunt for almost 13 years. We have live there happily. My aunt has taught us everything we know. She is our mom. She does everything for us, and treats us like we are her own children. It has made me feel very grateful to know that i have someone who will be there for me, someone who will pick me up when i fall, and someone who will always be there for me to love me.

This has taught me that someone will be there to love you no matter what happens. It has changed me, and build me into a person who wants to help out people, and makes me want to tell everyone my story so they know that love is real. For other people that are in the same situation that I was in you should know that someone will be there for you to love you, and care about you when nobody else is, there is always that one person who will be there to support you, to motivate you, and to pick you up when you are down.

This was something that actually happend in my life so i though i would write about it.