World Champions | Teen Ink

World Champions

Superbowl Champs;something the city of Philadelphia has never heard for the Eagles.Coming the eagles have lost 2 Superbowls in the past.This one was a must win for the eagles,but they were coming with a backup quarterback in Nick Foles.The season went very well despite the multiple injuries.The biggest blow was the starting and franchise quarterback Carson Wentz.Before Carson had torn his acl he was playing at MVP level.The game started with eagles driving down the field only to walk away with three points.The turning point would be the last play before halftime.The play would be famously known as the ‘Philly Special’.This play was very gutsy and had everyone scared like crazy.Halftime came and the score was 22-12 with the Eagles on top.Millions of Eagles fans cheered but knew there was still plenty of game left to be played.The ending was insanely nail biting.With the last play,ball on the 51 yard line,the New England Patriots would have to complete a hail mary pass and a two point conversion to take the game to overtime.Tom Brady stepped back to pass,the ball is up,up,up,incomplete.The Philadelphia Eagles had achieved something no one thought they would have achieved,a Superbowl title.