Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Stingray 97 said...
I have an aunt and uncle who grew up as best friends. They lived two houses down from each other. They dated through high school and got married when they were 17! Now they live in West Palm Beach, Florida and have been married for 40 years!!!! IMPOSSIBLE.....WRONG!!!!!!!!

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

Opinion:

You know... I think I agree with you. Some people may reject the idea that there can be love at a level such as high school. Some people think that you don't understand what love truly is until you're a much older adult. I don't. I think there absolutely can be love in high school.

Review:

I like how you came at us with a debatable argument. I think it was interesting how you asked some questions, too, instead of just stating your opinion alone. That is a valuable trait in great writers, and I for one definitely believe you to have the potential. Fantastic job, and keep up the good work! :)

Stingray18 BRONZE, Yorktown, New York
This was well written, with a controversial topic. love is nowadays, used freely. "i love this band," or "i love my computer," but you seem to understand that love is a powerful thing and i agree with you.

CarleeRobin12 GOLD, Pitsburg, Ohio

I love you has 8 letters but so does bullsh*t.....

I will believe in it, when I get the chance to experience it.

Justbeme SILVER, Burlington, Washington
I think it does and I agree with eilishrose, they just change it would be kind of like first love

eilishrose BRONZE, Signal Mountain, Tennessee

"If it's a broken heart, then face it. Hold your own. Know your name. Go your own way."
Details In The Fabric-Jason Mraz

I think it exsists, it just doesn't always last, or sometimes it changes...  But yes, I think it exsists...  (:

klg013 said...
.agreed!.(:

klg013 said...
.agreed!.(:

CircleG Farm said...

Sorry to hear about ur parents not agreeing and wanting you to be someone thats not you for your career. Sorry again, wish you well,

Mikaela Graham

i agree but my parents don't there to my futar collage doctor thats not me i perfer rock star or idk and im in love with someone now :)

MikaelaGraham SILVER, East Jordan, Michigan
I totally agree with you~!!

shto said...
This is coming off

being.me SILVER, Port Washingtom, Wisconsin

Lifes not about making your presence know but rather about having your absence felt.. (:
A piano with broken keys, still plays (:

teenage love is the most innocent. its not about possesions or money. its based purely on personality and looks.. :) thats gotta say something!

MumblingMelanie DIAMOND, Jackson, Missouri

Don't be a victim; be a titan.

I'm sure it can happen - I know it can happen, for that matter. What I do not believe is that it happens as often as teenage students would like to believe it would.

I know plenty of teenagers, being one myself, who claim to be madly and mercilessly in love with their significant other - of mere months. Trust takes time to develop, and loves stems only from trust. Not physical attraction, like most teenagers seem to think.

While I know people who were high school sweethearts who were later married (my grandparents, for instance), I just don't think it happens that often.

laxbrohollah said...
laxbrohollah, Swampscott, Massachusetts
I can completely agree with the fact that teenage love is real!! its here and its heree to stay.. i love my bf<3

BlackComet BRONZE, Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania

live your life like no one ever did before

I myself believe in high school love and apparently so did my parents. like Ehwaz11 said you never too young for love and it doesn come from your mind but from the heart. I think its a good thing to have in highschool bcz you can always depend on that person and who they are and what they love you for and what you love them for.

Ehwaz11 BRONZE said...
Ehwaz11 BRONZE, Hopkinton, New Hampshire

"It's important to remember that we all have magic inside us."
- J.K. Rowling
“Oh, dead man, you’re dead wrong,” I tell him. “The world goes on stupid and brutal, but I do not. Can’t you see? I do not.” -Andi Alpers, Jennifer Donnelly

I don't know who said this, but i find it really inspiring.

No one is too young for love, because love doesn't come from your mind, which knows your age, but from your heart, which knows no age.

kkallday;) said...
I really cant tell you what think because i am only in middle school but i can tell u about middle skool love it like high skool but we dont think about getting married we just LUV!!!!!!

supermoney said...
i think you are very right

munchy22 said...
Another reason i believe in teenage love is because im in love right now and i believe everything will work out amazing. I totally agree with this article.