If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

PuzzleLuver SILVER, Powell, Ohio

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

God didn't make us sinners, we chose to be. Maybe we didn't chose to be at first, that was Adam and Eve but he didn't create them as sinners they just gave into their temptations (aka the snake telling them to eat the fruit from the tree God forbid them to eat), they were punished for it and rightly so because he told them what they were doing was wrong. We all know the consequences to our sin, don't tell me you don't I'm sure you've heard of consequences to our actions. God doesn't won't to destroy us, and he gives us oppertunities to repent and ask forgiveness, but he can't reward us for going against him. 

SomethingLikeFire BRONZE, Mchenry, Illinois
1 article 1 photo 47 comments

"Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?" -
-- The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

thanks for your advice! im trying and its getting better.

MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

I am almost offened that you are even suggestiong that the Bible is all made up.  We believe in the Bible not just because God tells us to, but because it is something to let us know there is something beyond us.  It's like if you are buying a pint of low fat ice cream.  It is your favorite flavor and you just found it low fat.  You really want to believe that it is low fat so that you can eat it, but you know there is just that slight possibility that it isn't.  You are just BELIEVEING that is it.  You can't say you're going to heaven without reading the Bible or knowing what it says because then you're implying that there is a truth to the Bible but then you claim it is all made up.  Next time really think about what you're saying becuse now it appears that you contradict your own argument.

lnvo97 GOLD said...
lnvo97 GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 5:44

sorry not to cause anything here, but the bible is solid proof. mostly because the bible is the only book that can be traced down for centries. and more and more now people are finding proof of religious creation and not of the science kind. although im not a chirisian my self,im budist, may cultures if you'd notice have been based on the stories in the bible and of heaven....

ChristLives said...
Hey SkyWolf I just wanted to give you a word of comfort, encouragement and empowerment that Jesus Christ the Way the Truth and the Life. He is the Truth and I urge you to stay on His path bc He will lead you into Eternal Life. There are about 19 to 42 major world religions and lemme tell you Jesus is the only leader of all the religions that have existed in time where He willingly died for you personally when He know NO sin and became sin, and offers you personally along with each one of us Everlasting Salvation. You can't beat that. Please stick with your Lord and Savior:) Jesus said everyone of your hairs are all numbered! He Loves you more than you'll ever know. Those without the Son of God have no life in them and that's what Messiah Jesus said. Remember your First Love<3

ChristLives said...
God is Righteous and Holy; sin seperates us from Him.  Sin cannot survive in the presence of God. Jesus Christ's blood sacrifice on the cross reconciled and redeemed us back to God. He is our Mediator the bible says. Hell was made for the devil and his demons. Jesus is our only hope as our Messiah. He saves us from death, hell, self, sin, and the sorrows of this world. John- "My peace I leave with you, not as the world gives do I give, therefore be not afraid and let not your heart be troubled":) 

CourtneyHammett BRONZE, Spartanburg, South Carolina
This is interesting. The Bible does establish heaven and hell. But the Bible says God is real and God inspired the Bible. To me, this sounds like circular reasoning.
Very thought-provoking. I like it.

BrainsANDBeauty PLATINUM, Donnellson, Iowa

I knew that guy when he was a caterpillar, you know, before he 'came out'

You/We do follow customs though... Christmas.  Communion.  Prayer.  Hymns.  Sunday School.  Youth Group.  All of those are customs.

Now, I do agree with most of this, but this is not a solid piece of writing! Why is this voted number one? This should be in a forum, not part of the opinion sections number ones!  All this is is a few sentences hastily composed, not a good piece of writing.  While the idea, and wording, is wonderful... It should be ORGANIZED.

ZombieDanceWithMe SILVER, Rockford, Illinois

“To die is nothing; but it is terrible not to live”

-Victor Hugo

But if he made EVERY SINGLE detail about us, why would he make us sinners? If he created our future, why would he make us just to go to hell.

Like, why would he create you a Jewish cereal killer, say that he loves you no matter what, and then turn you down when you die?

I mean, you have to admit, if he creates EVERYTHING about us, why would he make us sinners, who are going to hell?

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

But honestly, that's not the point. The point is that (whether we are "good" or "bad" by humans standard) we have all broken God's holy law. Rom.3:23, "For ALL have sinned". Have you ever lied? Stolen? Looked at someone of the opposite sex with lust? Disobeyed you parents? Put something before God? If you were honest, you would have answered yes to at least one of those. If you answered no to all of them, you just told your second lie. If you were to stand before a judge, having broken the law, no matter how "small" the infraction, if the judge was a good judge, he MUST by the law punish a law breaker. God is the same way. God is a holy judge. And when you die, you must stand before the Great White Throne of Judgment. Rev 20:11 "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them." When God created the world, He created it perfect, and that included the humans on it. But when Adam and Eve broke the one rule God gave them, they sinned and that sin has been passed on from human to human. Because we sin, we have automatically broken God's law and are automatically sentenced to everlasting torment in Hell. This is the only way God's wrath can be satisfied. No person has ever been born without sin... Except for one. Jesus Christ. Jesus was born perfect and lived a perfect life because, even though He was 100% human, He was also 100% God in the flesh. Jesus came down from His home in Heaven because He knew that there was one other way to satisfy God's wrath. Heb.9:22b, "...without the shedding of blood there is no remission (forgiveness)." Jesus knew that the only way we could escape Hell is through a perfect blood sacrifice. The only person in the history of the world who was perfect was Jesus. Jesus, God's perfect Holy son, came down to this wicked earth filled with millions of billions of people who hated Him and didn't want Him, to die a horrible, heart-wrenching death all to save the world that had rejected Him. Ask yourself this, if you had an enemy, and they were going to be killed, would you die in their place? I mean, this person despised you, they cursed you, they falsely accused you, would you even think of dieing in that person's place? I most certainly wouldn't. But that shows us just how strong God's love for us was. He sent His son, the one relation humans consider most important, to die for a world that hated Him; Jesus willingly died a gruesome death for a world that despised Him. How much more can a human show his love? I don't know of any way someone could show they loved me more. And it would incredibly sad and completely pointless if it ended there. If this account ended with Jesus' death. Who would want to believe in a dead God? Thank God, I don't believe in a dead God. Because after three days, after three days of enduring the pain and suffering of Hell, Jesus, proving once and for all that He was and is God, rose from the dead. And to prove to His followers who believed He was a ghost, He ate with them, He had them touch Him and touch the wounds where the nails had been hammered in and where the soldiers pierced Him with their swords. He proved He WAS who He said He was. John10:30 I and my Father are one. Jesus WAS God and Jesus IS God. He is still alive and in Heaven today preparing mansions for His believers to live in when they die. Someone once said (and I'm paraphrasing), "If God created this world in six days, imagine how much greater Heaven will be when He's been working on it for 2,000 years." Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven. John 14:6 "I am THE Way, THE Truth, THE Life, NO man cometh unto the Father BUT by me." And the only way to get to Heaven through Jesus is to first of all repent of (ask forgiveness and turn away from) your sins and follow Jesus. Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven. The only other option is keep on living for yourself, ignoring the truth and die and go to Hell. There is no other option. Heaven or Hell: Where will you be?

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Do you want proof? Isa 40:22 It is he (God) that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: "It is he (God) that sitteth upon the circle of the earth," this verse does not speak of a flat disk, but a sphere and this verse was written over 2,400 years before Columbus discovered the world was round. In fact, this verse inspired Columbus to search for a Westward passage to Asia. It is a scientific fact that the universe is stretching and expanding. "that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:" Job 38:12,14 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment. This verse is a reference to clay being turned or rotated upon the potter's wheel-an accurate analogy of the earth's rotation. This verse was written 4,000 years before the fact of the earth rotating around the sun, not the opposite, was discovered. Luk 17:34-36 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. These verses speak of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Jesus will only come again once to retrieve His believers. Yet, these verses speak of people sleeping and at the same time, people working. This is another clear indication of a revolving earth where day and night occur at the same time. Psa 19:5-6 ...His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. This verse speaks of the sun and how it is on a circuit. Many people believed that the sun was stationary and so scoffed at this verse. But recently is has been discovered that the sun is in fact moving through space at a rate of (approx.) 600,000 mph. It has a "circuit" (like the Bible tells us) so large this it would take approx. 200 million years to complete one orbit. and speaking of the "lights" in the Heavens Gen.1:14 and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: The seasons are caused by the changing position of the earth in relation to the sun. Psa.8:8 and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. Matthew Maury (1806-1873) said "If God said there are paths in the sea, I am going to find them." Matthew Maury discovered that, just as God's Word says, there are in fact "paths in the sea", we call them currents.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Show me the verse where it says that the earth is the center of the universe. It says God sits on the center of the earth, which inspired Columbus to find a Westward passage to Asia. He would have done so, if America had not been in the way.

and..im sorry..but im pretty opinionated..and what i write is my opinion. im  not going to go write about something that is not my opinion. for example, i believe homosexuality is wrong (no i do not think the people are,just the actual act of it).but if i believed that,then NOT writing about my opinion would be me stating facts supporting homosexuality.this is a website,dude. These comments...not everybody is going to agree with what is being written.What you put just now is an opinion. yes thats right.your opinion that people shouldnt put an opinion on here kinda backfired a little....but anyways.no, im not mad or anything.i read over it,and thats what it sounds like,but im just telling you ahead of time.i have an opinion. i am opinionated. and i will use it

Just because we are his children does not mean that He will not punish us for something that we deserve. Yes, he loves us. He died on the cross for us.Maybe thats too cliche. He had nails driven through his flesh,and nothing but nails to hold him suspended in the air.He took on the sins and pain and sorrows of the world. And so much worse. THATS what dying on the cross means people, by the way, when people say he died on the cross its no walk in the park.But i digress. He loves us,but he cant go making exceptions for anybody that disobeys him,because if he did,that would be paradise, and we already as humans screwed up the chance for having a paradise in this life.But if we reject him and his message, he has no choice but to turn us away.he cant accept us into heaven if we are sinful."Getting into heaven"on our own is impossible,because we must have him cleanse us in order to be holy like him to enter heaven.so if we cant always trust something that we read, like you stated in the end, why should we trust what you put? LOL...just logic

SamIsSmiling GOLD, Rimbey, Alabama

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

I care..... alot

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon
or a dogmatic bigot

yeah seriously buddy, what proof?, people need to look at whether a person is good or not, not what ever belief they choose, also, hell can be experienced on earth, and i bet there are millions of starving children willing to testify to that

Chacharoo BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

"I love you."

The Bible is the total and infallible word of Christ. Men wrote it inspired by God. God gave them what to write. That is how we know it is the truth.

I disagree with you on this (because I'm a full fledged Christian, and also 'cause it's in the opinions section).

The apostle John wrote IN John the words of Christ which say "I am the way the truth and the life." But it ALSO says in Romans "if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Works will not get us to heaven. Since when has being good brought us close to God, unless we wish to glorify Him with works, IN Christ? It doesn't.

Those who don't believe in Christ will not go to heaven, because they have no reason, other than the fact that they want to be in a place better then Hell and they believe that they're good enough to get to Heaven. But Christ already knows who is saved and who is not. We just have to be ready to be judged before we die.

Now, being a Christian does effect my answer, because I don't want to cause a riot or anything. You asked a great question and this is my answer.

Peace...

_NoAir_ BRONZE said...
_NoAir_ BRONZE, Toronto, Other

There are as many ways to live as there are people in this world. Each one deserves a closer look.

–Golly (Harriet The Spy)

I am not Christine, I am Muslim. But I believe that you have to believe in what God wants you to believe in, whatever it actually is. [I won't mention anything I believe. It may violate religious beliefs] Just because we are His creatures doesn't means we can do thousands of sins and enter heaven. In my religion, we believe that it doesn't always depend on the religion, only on how kind a person is and the deeds they do. Christians have their own beliefs, so we should respect that. It's your opinion, so believe what you want to.  =)