If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

November 7, 2009
By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
22 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

The author's comments:
I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 575 comments.


on Aug. 3 2010 at 10:51 am
distant_dreamer GOLD, Belmont, New Hampshire
12 articles 6 photos 497 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life's a climb, but the view is great!"

I'm just going to answer your question, truthfully. Your question is "If you are not a christian why would you go to hell?" The answer to that is b/c God can't allow sin and sinners into His Heaven, and the only way that God would let us into His heaven would be to accept His FREE gift of salvation. All one has to do to get into His Heaven is to ask Jesus to save Him, and trust 110% In Him. :) That's all simple as that. Please, Jesus is calling!!! Do it before it's too late!!!

on Aug. 3 2010 at 9:46 am
Greenhorn SILVER, Iowa City, Iowa
6 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
The opening scene to "Saving Private Ryan" was not based on the war, but on a dodgeball game that Chuck Norris played when he was in 3rd grade.

Bullshit.

With that logic, Hitler (a Christian) gets to go see St. Peter at the Holy Gates while Gandhi (a Buddhist) goes to blazes. That would be a completely inane and absurd system, and a truly all-knowing God would know that one's belief system alone does not determine whether they are heaven-worthy or not.


on Aug. 3 2010 at 9:42 am
Greenhorn SILVER, Iowa City, Iowa
6 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
The opening scene to "Saving Private Ryan" was not based on the war, but on a dodgeball game that Chuck Norris played when he was in 3rd grade.

The sun does not revolve around the earth. Solid mistake right there.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Aug. 1 2010 at 2:50 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

The only way to escape the spiritual death, eternal flame, "bottomless pit", "weeping and gnashing of teeth", flesh-eating worms, "unquenchable flame" and the eternal torment of being burned alive and yet never dieing, is through Jesus. God created Hell, because He is Holy/perfect, and once Adam and Eve sinned (which was then passed on to all humanity), God could no longer be around sin, and, because sin breaks God's holy laws, there must be a punishment, i.e, Hell. Many people believe God could not truly love us because He created Hell for His own Creations, because they have sinned, to spend eternity; but if God didn't love us, He would have simply done nothing and allowed trillions of people throughout the ages to be damned to Hell, or He would have simply destroyed Adam and Eve when they sinned.

But He didn't. Because He loved us. He loved us enough to send His only biological Son ("For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son..." John 3:16a) to die for the sins of the world. Ask your parents, if the world was going to be blown to bits tomorrow and the only way to stop it would be to sacrifice you, ask them if they would do it. Any parent that truly loves their child would say, Light the fuse. But God "commendeth (showed) his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8). He sacrificed His only biological Son for the sins of the world, because God knew that "without the shedding of blood, is no remission (forgiveness)" (Hebrews 9:22b). The only way for this sinful, wretched world to be saved from the damnation of Hell was through a perfect blood sacrifice.

And the only perfect person who has ever lived, was Jesus Christ, 100% God, yet 100% man. Jesus died, and was sent to Hell for three days to receive all the torment and pain every person alive would receive in all of eternity, and after those three days, proving Himself as God, and through His own power, flesh and bone, rose from the dead, conquering the grave. Through His death and resurrection, we have been offered the free gift of eternal life with Jesus and God, in Heaven when we die or when Jesus returns to take the Church Home.

But this gift is not just offered, it must also be received. To receive the gift of eternal life, you must first repent of (ask forgiveness and turn away from) your sins and receive Jesus as your personal Savior from sin. There is no other way to escape the eternal damnation that is Hell. Jesus said "I am THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life; NO man cometh unto the Father, BUT by Me." (John 14:6). No religion can save you from Hell; good works are pointless if you are not saved from sin; there is no Purgatory; no eternal sleep; no reincarnation; no other way to Heaven except THE Way, Jesus Christ the risen Savior.

This gift has been offered to you as it has been to every other human on the planet. The only catch is that you must receive this gift, by repenting and choosing to live for God. If not, you will still belong to Satan, as you have been since you were born; you will still be considered unrighteous before a Holy/perfect God; you will still be damned for Hell, with no hope of escape, except the one you rejected. The choice is yours. But remember:

Rev 20:15 "...Whosoever was not found written in the book of life (Christians/saved) was cast into the lake of fire." This is a look at what's to come.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Aug. 1 2010 at 2:49 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

That's a lie that many people believe, that Hell is simply a party place that you will go to hang out with your friends and Satan, but believe me it's not. In fact, it will be so dark, you will never even see any of your friends for the rest of eternity:

Mat 8:12  But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Here are some other verses about the reality of Hell:

Mat 22:13  Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 25:30  And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:41-Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 25:46-And these shall go away into everlasting punishment.

Luke 16:23-24-And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Revelations 21:8-But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Mat 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mat 23:33  Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Luk 12:5  But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Hell is a terrifying reality that was created for Satan, his angels (demons) and all his followers. And when I say followers, I don't mean just witches or sorcerers or Satanists or the demon-possessed, I mean any person on earth who has not received Jesus as their personal Savior from sin. Whether intentionally or not, if you have not received Jesus as your Savior, or you have rejected Him as your Savior, you are a follower of Satan, God's enemy. And this is what God says about about Satan in the end times:

Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

If Satan, in all his power, will be defeated by God Almighty in the end times, how will you expect to withstand the Judgment? Mat 23:33  "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"


TheJust ELITE said...
on Aug. 1 2010 at 1:47 pm
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Well, first of all, I never asked any questions and second, you're repeating exactly what I said. There is no good in human kind, only evil. The only way to be looked upon by God as righteous or good is to have recieved Jesus as your personal Savior from sin. If you have not, you're looked upon as a wretched sinner damned for Hell.

If God wanted to, He could have simply destroyed all mankind and started fresh, once Adam and Eve had sinned. But He didn't. Because even as wretched sinners, He loved us enough to send His only biological Son to die and take the punishment for sin ("For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish-in Hell-but have everlasting life-in Heaven" John 3:16). Through Jesus' death on the cross, we have been offered the free gift of eternal life. But it's not simply given, it must be received. The gift is offered to all mankind, whether Black or White, Asian or Hispanic, Jew or Gentile (non-Jew), man or woman, no matter what sin you have ever committed, Jesus' death is powerful enough to forgive them all, for anyone.

But the only way to be forgiven is to repent (ask forgiveness and turn away from your sins) and recieve that free gift by believing that Jesus died and, by His own power, rose from the dead, and that He is now in Heaven preparing a place for you when you die, if you have received Jesus as your Savior from sin. (John 14:2, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.")

The question is not good, or evil, because good in God's sight does not exist. The question is, saved or unsaved. Have YOU received Jesus as your personal Savior from Christ?


momo01 BRONZE said...
on Jul. 29 2010 at 10:10 pm
momo01 BRONZE, North Hollywood, California
1 article 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't want to live on the moon." --Ernie
"He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realize.” -- Oscar Wilde

dude the bible is too complex to be written by man. The ppl who wrote it were guided by the holy spirit. Yes there are original scrolls of the bible.

momo01 BRONZE said...
on Jul. 29 2010 at 9:58 pm
momo01 BRONZE, North Hollywood, California
1 article 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't want to live on the moon." --Ernie
"He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realize.” -- Oscar Wilde

the bible is not a book of rules sir

momo01 BRONZE said...
on Jul. 29 2010 at 9:56 pm
momo01 BRONZE, North Hollywood, California
1 article 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't want to live on the moon." --Ernie
"He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realize.” -- Oscar Wilde

Okay people get it right being  Christian is not a religion it’s a believer of Christ, we don’t follow any customs therefore its not a religion.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 10:21 am
livetoserve BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 15 comments
i agree, i don't think God would damn people to hell just because we christians have never gotten around to telling them about Christ, especially in dangerous areas where missionaries can't go.

EdenR.R. said...
on Jul. 28 2010 at 10:20 am
EdenR.R., Van Nuys, California
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
I'm young and I still have a lot to learn.  But I have made my decisions on heaven and hell.  When I was little I told my mom about a friend who didn't believe in God and asked her if she would go to hell, she replied with a devastating "Yes."  At that time we were going to a...more...intense Christian church.  Now, if I asked her that question she would most definitely reply with, "Is she a good person?"  So, ask yourself, "Am I a good person?  Do I WANT to get to heaven?"  If you want to get to heaven I say be a good person, ask for forgiveness when you get there.  He WILL forgive you. :) Oh, and if you just don't really care...well, that's fine too.  But like I said, I'm young.  I have tons to learn.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 10:20 am
livetoserve BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 15 comments
i don't know if this is true, this is just how i feel.  i believe that God is sad, not mad, when he sends someone to hell.  he is sad because he gave them a chance through his son, Jesus, and they chose to ignore him.  he gave only one condition to get to heaven: faith in Jesus, and i believe he's distraught and so sad that he would have to part with any of his children.  

on Jul. 28 2010 at 10:16 am
livetoserve BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 15 comments
i believe in heaven and in hell.  however, i do not think it's christians place to judge people and tell them which one they're destined for, and this is coming from a christian!  God is the judge, He knows the exact conditions of our hearts, and he will be merciful and fair.  no human has the right to determine if someone else is going to hell, and it makes me sad for my religion when people do tell others that they're eternally damned.

on Jul. 27 2010 at 9:14 pm
Tintinnabulation BRONZE, Glen Arm, Maryland
4 articles 0 photos 46 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Long enough have you dreamed contemptible dreams,
Now I wash the gum from your eyes,
You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of every moment of your life."-Walt Whitman

I think everyone-even believers-have had doubts of this sort at some point in their lives. But I think your view of Christianity is somewhat distorted. We are all sinners, no matter how we strive for perfection, and in order to be sons and daughters of God we must accept Jesus as our savior. Really we are lost and wandering sheep, who must become His servants first to become His children. I urge you to read the gospel...I don't understand what you mean by "hiding the truth" or that we can't even verify it but if you read it...there's this unmistakable truthfulness about it that dismisses all your doubts. Too many people think they know the word when they haven't even read it for themselves...even I don't know it fully enough. Also, I think you should read some Christian literature...I can't explain but for me it makes the Word all the more justified.

Gwgideon GOLD said...
on Jul. 25 2010 at 7:11 pm
Gwgideon GOLD, Commerce Twp, Michigan
11 articles 0 photos 14 comments
God loves you. He wants you to go to heaven. But you have to love God back to live with him. Why kind of god would God be if he wasn't just? Letting sinners who never accepted him into their hearts, bending rules so the people who rejected him could get into heaven scotch-free. A judge in a court can be loving and exectue justice, but he/she would be a terrible judge if he left a man who comitted a crime get away with it jsut because he 'loves' them. Read the Bible, compare it against other religious texts, read the prophecies, see if they were fuliflled (and many have), and then challenge yourself about how a book written by 'mere' men, could accurately predict the future. And if the book could predict the future, why couldn't it accurately tell what hell is like?

on Jul. 21 2010 at 3:52 pm
distant_dreamer GOLD, Belmont, New Hampshire
12 articles 6 photos 497 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life's a climb, but the view is great!"

I agree 100% with ZadaRox101! The Bible is true to the very period! We as Christians take what it says by faith! Faith as the Bible puts it, is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. God created humans with at first perfect, those two humans were Adam and Eve. But they disobeyed God, and for that a curse has been brought upon all of mankind, this curse brought pain, sin, and death into the world. But if people can come to see that Jesus came to this earth years ago b/c he loves you, me, all humans, and b/c He is perfect, he died to pay for the sins of all mankind. The Bible says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" In Acts 4:12 the Bible states "Neither is their Salvation in any other, for their is no other name under heaven given amoung men whereby we must be saved."   Man say that God would never send me to hell b/c he is a God of love. That is partly true, God is a God of love, but He is also a just God, and He cannot let any impure being or thing into His heaven, b/c heaven is a perfect place w/ no sin....if you want to know more, just ask me, and I'll be more than happy to talk to you or answer any questions.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Jul. 21 2010 at 10:32 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

The Bible says what it says, not what you believe it says. When Jesus said, "I am THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life; NO man cometh unto the Father BUT by Me." He meant He is THE Way THE Truth THE Life and that NO man will get Heaven or have any right to God BUT through Him.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Jul. 21 2010 at 10:26 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Many people don't believe a loving God would send anyone to Hell. But think about it this way: a man who was a child molester stood before a judge. If you were the judge, would you let the man, a child molester, go free without any punishment or would you send him to jail? If the judge was a good judge, the man would immediately be sent to jail. Now that judge was a good judge, but does that mean he wasn't a loving judge? No. The judge may have been the most loving man on the face of the planet, but because he was so loving he had to do what's right, which was send the child molester to jail.

Now God is a Judge. And we, as humans, have broken His holy law. We have all lied, stolen, coveted, lusted, etc. And because God is holy and His law is holy, sin can not be near God. Now, if God was not a loving God, once mankind sinned, He could have simply wiped out the entire world and started over. But because He is a loving God, He gave us a chance to be redeemed. That chance was through Jesus Christ. God sent His only biological Son to be put to death in our place (because Heb. 9:22b, Without the shedding of blood-perfect blood-there is no remission-forgiveness). That is the ultimate show of love right there. Ask your parents, if the world was going to be blown to bits tomorrow and the only way to stop it was to sacrifice you, would they do it? Any loving parents would say, light the fuse. But God showed us His love by sending His Son to die in our place. And on the third day, Jesus rose again and is alive.

Jesus is the ONLY way to get to Heaven. In John 14:6 it says, "I am THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life; NO man cometh unto the Father BUT by Me." ONLY through Jesus' death and resurrection can the penalty for Hell be paid...but there is a catch:you have to accept this free gift. All God asks is that you repent of (ask forgiveness and turn away from) your sins and choose to live for Him. If you make the choice to repent, when you die or when Jesus returns to take the church Home, you will immediately find yourself in Heaven.

The same is true if you choose to reject God's free gift, but instead of immediately finding yourself in Heaven, you will immediately find yourself in Hell. A place of fire and brimstone, eternal falling and flesh eating bugs, darkness and "gnashing of teeth", a place created for Satan and his angels. There is no such thing as purgatory, there is no second chance once you leave this earth. If you do not accept God's free gift of salvation, when you die, there is no second chance, you will be stuck forever in a devil's Hell.

But if you choose to accept God's free gift of salvation, the Bible says in 2Cor 5:8b "...to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

The choice is entirely up to you. But remember, death is always right around the corner. We are never guaranteed another day, minute, second...keep that in mind as you ponder over what I have told you and I pray that you make the right decision.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Jul. 21 2010 at 10:23 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

It should. Hell is a very real place and many people don't believe a loving God would send anyone there. But think about it this way: a man who was a child molester stood before a judge. If you were the judge, would you let the man, a child molester, go free without any punishment or would you send him to jail? If the judge was a good judge, the man would immediately be sent to jail. Now that judge was a good judge, but does that mean he wasn't a loving judge? No. The judge may have been the most loving man on the face of the planet, but because he was so loving he had to do what's right, which was send the child molester to jail.

Now God is a Judge. And we, as humans, have broken His holy law. We have all lied, stolen, coveted, lusted, etc. And because God is holy and His law is holy, sin can not be near God. Now, if God was not a loving God, once mankind sinned, He could have simply wiped out the entire world and started over. But because He is a loving God, He gave us a chance to be redeemed. That chance was through Jesus Christ. God sent His only biological Son to be put to death in our place (because Heb. 9:22b, Without the shedding of blood-perfect blood-there is no remission-forgiveness). That is the ultimate show of love right there. Ask your parents, if the world was going to be blown to bits tomorrow and the only way to stop it was to sacrifice you, would they do it? Any loving parents would say, light the fuse. But God showed us His love by sending His Son to die in our place. And on the third day, Jesus rose again and is alive.

Through Jesus' death and resurrection, the penalty for Hell has been paid...but there is a catch:you have to accept this free gift. All God asks is that you repent of (ask forgiveness and turn away from) your sins and choose to live for Him. If you make the choice to repent, when you die or when Jesus returns to take the church Home, you will immediately find yourself in Heaven.

The same is true if you choose to reject God's free gift, but instead of immediately finding yourself in Heaven, you will immediately find yourself in Hell. A place of fire and brimstone, eternal falling and flesh eating bugs, darkness and "gnashing of teeth", a place created for Satan and his angels. There is no such thing as purgatory, there is no second chance once you leave this earth. If you do not accept God's free gift of salvation, when you die, there is no second chance, you will be stuck forever in a devil's Hell.

But if you choose to accept God's free gift of salvation, the Bible says in 2Cor 5:8b "...to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

The choice is entirely up to you. But remember, death is always right around the corner. We are never guaranteed another day, minute, second...keep that in mind as you ponder over what I have told you and I pray that you make the right decision.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Jul. 21 2010 at 9:41 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
254 articles 202 photos 945 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Luk 16:23  And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24  And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Mat 18:9  And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Jas 3:6  And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Mat 13:42  And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 18:8  Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Mat 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mar 9:43  And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Mar 9:44  Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Rev 20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Want more proof?