If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Good point. But remember that's where faith comes in. There is also no proof that there isn't a heaven or hell. How would we know? Has anyone (outside of the Bible or those occaisional miraculous stories that you probably won't believe anyway) ever come back? If we knew what would be the point of faith? Hebrews 11:1 says, 'now faith is the substabce of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.' I'm sorry if I offended you, I only say this in sisterly love.

I'm afraid that is not very accurate chelsrose11. The gospels (matthew, mark, luke and john) were written by those men who were disciples of Jesus. Which means they were alive which means that they could not have been written any more than 30 to 50 years after Jesus walked the Earth, and even 30 years is pushing it! the same goes for the old testament prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah the Psalms, proverbs and nehemiah to name just a few. You could of course argue that anyone could have made that up but historical evidence doesn't allow for that. I suggest you research the evidence out there that backs the Bible historically, archeologically and socially. Like Selah wrote, you might be surprised....;)

I noticed you said that if you believe in God you will go to heaven. I'm afraid that is not true. To go to heaven you must do as the Bible says in Romans 10:9; 'that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ' (not just God) 'and shall believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead than you shall be saved.' Remember God and Jesus (and the Holy Spirit) are three in one. You cannot just 'believe' in one. Besides, many people - including demons and Satan himself believed in Jesus. It is accepting Him that gets you to heaven. On the question as to why a loving God would send people to Hell; my answer is this. If you or for example, your child did something wrong like steal wouldn't you punish him? Yes? But why? so they don't do worse and go to jail. My point is that all your actions will have a consequence, you know that. God is perfect, he cannot abide with or condone sin. If you sin the consequences is that you will go to Hell. But he loves you, so he provided a way out of this eternal death by sending his son Jesus to die fro us so that we can go to heaven and live forever with him. If we accept that free gift. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. There is so much more that I would like to add on this subject but that would make this already long comment into a lecture!:) So I'll just finish my comments some other time. But please understand: I'm not trying to say that I'm smarter than anyone or anything like that, all that I just said (wrote:)) comes directly from the Bible. I'm not trying to scare you into listening, this is strictly out of sisterly love. But I challenge all of you as intelligent teens to research this. Don't believe everything you hear. Check out what I just said, read Romans 10 and some of the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) but especially John. I think you'll find it interesting! Thanks to all for reading this:)

TheCreepyNeighbor BRONZE, Plymouth, Massachusetts

You know my name. Not my story.

Personally, I can not beleive someone who doesn't beleive in God won't go to Heaven (if there is one) I mean look around. Do you know how many differient religions there are? You can't tell me only one is right, and that anyone else that beleives in a differient god(s) will not go to what we beleive as heaven. They say God is perfect. Would something so perfect reject people who live a life unsure of what to beleive? This is why I'm Agnostic. I beleive in a higher being, but not entirely a whole religion. They all have their faults.

You know my name. Not my story.

Do you know how old the bible is? Old. It's a lot of stories of people that has probably had tons of changes, like the game telephone where you sit in a circle and repeat what the person told you, but it usually ends up getting messed up.

So you can't completely rely on the bible. It's just a book of stories that may or may not be true.

TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California

"Come and Take it!" -citizens of Gonzales, Texas, when the Mexicans tried to take away the cannon used to defend their town.

if you think the bible is not true, then why do you think there is a Heaven? the bible is God's word, so if you believe in God, and heaven, then you should believe the bible. the bible tells us about God and Heaven, so if it is false, then God and Heaven are not real. If it is true (and I know it's true) then God and Heaven exist, and only believers go to Heaven, like it says.

4everluv62 said...
in my opinion if you spend your life dedicated to helping those around you and living a life free from negative influences and as long as you follow your own faith as purely and truely as you can. You will make it to what ever paradise is described for those who pass, depending upon the faith.

maggierebekah BRONZE, Woodstock, Illinois

"i think there is no world without theatre."

woah, sorry, had a stupid moment there. xD 

thought you said "before", not "after".

anyways, it's actually both, now that i think about it.

the old testament prophesized most of the events that happened in the new testament.

Actually,  a lot of the Bible was written years after the events took place. Besides that, there is a lot of concrete historical evidence that backs up the events documented in the Bible. If you do research, there is no denying that the events actually happened.

ServentofGod said...
"Je.sus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14: 6) "For Go.d so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of Go.d is eternal life through Je.sus Chr.ist our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

FreemanCloe BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

" Nature always wears the color of the spirit"- Emerson
" It can't rain all the time"- Heath Ledger( the crow)

God created us all equally yes, however he made us so that we can have our own minds and our own decisions. If you truely beleive in God than you'll be accepted into Heaven. And anyway's how can you beleive in Heaven if you do not beleive in God. That is his Kingdom.

Dreamboat said...
Dreamboat, Madison, Wisconsin

My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Are you saying that a man told us that if we didnt beleive in god we wouldnt get into heaven. When does God talk about this, does he ever even mention why thos of us who choose to believe in what we can see, touch, and feel, can't experience eternal joy and happyness.

LyssaNicole BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
ever thought that maybe they dont what to go to heaven??? i look forward to going to Hell, actually...

LiquidSilver BRONZE, Marshalltown, Iowa

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. ~Will Rogers

Hello Ally.

May I tell you something? God does love us all. We are all His children, but just as a parent must discipline, so must He. God truly wants us to be with him in Heaven, but if we do not believe that he is the sovereign King and that his son Jesus Christ died on the cross, He must punish us. 

I am sorry if I offended you in some way. Please consider what I told you!

FrenchFrysable, Warsaw, New York
The answer to all of your questions are available in a Bible. He is a merciful God but remember this Bible verse:  "But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven." (Matthew 10:33 NIV 2007 Version)

FrenchFrysable, Warsaw, New York
I agree with you. Most of these answers are available within the Bible if people would only take the time to study it and live as it teaches.

Lilliterra said...
I totally agree with chica-de-sonrisas, puzzleluver, and malfunctionalrymonkey13. You guys said it so well! Although for the last comment I don't think "magical" is quite the right word, but I know what you mean.

Lilliterra said...

If you want to make sure that the version of the Bible you are reading is completely accurate, you can get the refrence materials and go check it against the orginal hebrew and greek versions.

The tranlation went directly from the original laguage to English.

AnimalLoverNayNay, Hooksett, New Hampshire

" Life sucks and then you die." Stephenie Meyer, Part 2, Preface,Page 134

I agree with "chelsrose11''

I second the opinion.