Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

StayClassy1 SILVER, Stockton, California

"Buy me food so i know it's real"

I know exactly how you feel! :D

bellastar SILVER, Janesville, Wisconsin
i agree with you(: like i hate people that you tell them your in love and theyre like " you cant be in love, youre too young" it really gets me mad!!!.

bellastar SILVER, Janesville, Wisconsin
i agree with you!!!. once ur in love you cant explain the feeling until the person feels it too(:

bellastar SILVER, Janesville, Wisconsin
i think that it doesnt matter how old you are....you can fall in  love...alot.!! and love is everywere not just in a relationship that lasted years but also a relationship that lasted months. i know this is a fact because im irrebeckly in love with someone....and we have been dating 4 only a few months. and even though im 14 i can still be able to fall in love. if you disagree is like ur saying that since im young that means i cant feel things....but let me tell you something....I CAN!!!

madasrabbits PLATINUM, Dalton-in-Furness, Other

"Just keep swimming!"- Dory, Finding Nemo

So true "/

Jesusisalive BRONZE, Neosho, Missouri
I do believe that you can fall in love while you are a teen. Of course, most of what us teens call " falling in love " is more than likely an infatuation ( or crush ) The important thing is to trust God to lead you to the right person for you. Love is not all that counts in a marriage. What if God had you marry someone you didn't love. Yes you might grow to love them, but you might not love them at the beginning. You just have to do what God is telling you to do. Also, ( I know that this is not in the article but... ) it is wrong to have sex outside of marriage. If you truly loved that person, you would want to save yourself for for them so that on your wedding day you can have a blessed expierience of your union.  Plus, even though you " love " that person you may not end up marrying them. And how tragic it is that you gave yourself away to someone you're not going to marry and thereby you have deprived your future mate of being the one to have you first in all of the glory of you being a pure virgin.

Edmondeeee BRONZE, Perth, Other
1 article 1 photo 12 comments

Be yourself; everyone else is taken

I think you have a great point, and I do believe in love during the teenage years, but I also think that you don't actually know exactly that you are in fact, in love, until you've been heartbroken

thatcher said...
I think this is good

"Buy me food so i know it's real"

I do believe that there is in fact teenage love... if you're in love, you are in love. You cant change that.

maddiestudnicka BRONZE, Belle Plaine, Minnesota

Life isn't all regrets. Its all about living, and not caring.

I do believe in love in high school. It happenes to everyone and it even happened to me over a month. I believe in it.

Lex2011 BRONZE said...
Lex2011 BRONZE, Washington, Pennsylvania
1 article 1 photo 11 comments
I truly do believe in teenage love. Yes, it can be crazy because of the everyday situations we still have to deal with while growing up, but it's comforting to know that you have someone to love. I'm not extremely young so I'm not naive but I'm not an adult so I don't have true experience but I'm in love. I can feel it. I feel a fire in me when I'm around him. We hated each other before but now we are madly in love. Even my grandma can see that. Teenage love exist. It always will.

Kiwi5194 BRONZE, Anaheim, California

"If you love someone you would be willing to give up everything for them, but if they loved you back they’d never ask you to"

I know there is a such thing as teenage love. Love is love. People shouldn't put an age on love.

ssmile BRONZE said...
ssmile BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other

learn to earn and earn to serve.

very true...

ssmile BRONZE said...
ssmile BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other

learn to earn and earn to serve.

love is more about understanding and the care for each other... and i can say its a beautifull feeling, it surely is :)l

JasonG. said...
JasonG., Otto, Wyoming

why work against the system when its easier to work with the system. -unknown

I agree :). love is everywhere

BitterSweet1993 SILVER, Bronx, New York

Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species. ~W. Somerset Maugham, A Writer's Notebook, 1949

I believe. :) I have been fortunate to aquire teenage love.  And it grows and changes as me and him grow and change.

dARIAN_hROBAR BRONZE, Sanford, Florida

"One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish..." -Dr. Seuss

You are really insightful and I completely agree. Age doesn't change someone's ability to love!

randomcreepystalker BRONZE, Helena, Alabama
love isnt a feeling, its the willingness to do what's best for someone else, regardless of whether it's best for you. So, yes, I do believe that love exists in high school, whether it be platonic or romantic.

Green8a8 SILVER, NY, New York

im the author of my life, unfortunately im writing in pen therefore i can't erase nothing about it.-by some crazy friend of mine

i beleive love comes in every age etc. but sometimes teenagers get caught up in what they think is love, cpnfusing something for what its not, but there is such a thing as teenage love

redpanda26 SILVER, Chevy Chase, Maryland
I really like your comment :)